Skip to content
- Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa (CASO) Muslim Cultural Liaison – Our dynamic, productive, and longstanding partnership with CASO, a pillar of MFSO’s work, helps provide culturally appropriate services for Muslim children and youth in foster care and Muslim families involved with CAS.
- Homework Help – With the generous support of the Kanata Muslim Association (KMA), we provide vital academic help to children from grades 1 to 6 in Centretown, an underserved age group in our neighbourhood, at the Cooper Street Homework Club. Beginning in Fall 2019, we are also providing francophone homework tutor to two community programs in the Foster Farm neighbourhood in Ottawa west end at the Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre, also with the support of KMA.
- National Zakat Foundation (NZF) Partnership – Our partnership with NZF provides zakat to Muslims in financial difficulty. The NZF office within MFSO’s offices is open Tuesday to Thursday 1 PM to 5 PM, by appointment. Approval is not guaranteed, and generally takes one week to ten days.
- Regroupement ethnoculturel des parents francophones d’Ontario (REPFO) Partnership – Our partners at REPFO) operate satellite services in our location by appointment. REPFO’s social service workers and crisis intervention workers are available to serve individuals and families from downtown Ottawa’s diverse Francophone communities with personal crises, short-term mental health and psychoeducation, food security, available community resources, referrals, applications for energy assistance programs for low-income families, school system navigation, and other issues (service also available in Arabic and Somali).
- Support for Local Shelters (slam Care Centre) Partnership – Our closest partner, Islam Care Centre, provides critical and cultural support for clients of local shelters. The partnership has also received invaluable support from the Kanata Muslim Association (KMA) and Rhoda Masjid and Institute. If you would like to donate key items, please email us at email@example.com and we will pass on your generous offer to our partner at ICC. The areas of support offered include: Weekend lunchbag preparation and distribution, culturally specific clothing for Muslim women at Cornerstone Housing for Women, prayer mats for Muslim men at various men’s shelters, and warm and wooly socks for men and women of all communities, distributed through Centretown Community Health Centre (CCHC).
- Empower’em – We support the work of Empower’em, providing mental health supports and education for Muslim women of colour, as well as their drive to gather and distribute free sanitary products to local women’s shelters.