Administrative Assistant / Volunteer Coordinator (Short-term Contract)
June 6th, 2019.
Hours: 20 hrs/week
Deadline to Apply: June 13th, 2019.
Contract length: June 17th to September 17th, 2019, with possibility of renewal.
- Maintain office schedule and the bookings for each room;
- Greet in a friendly and professional manner each MFSO client and ensure they fill out an intake form;
- Ensure the visit of each MFSO client is smooth and professional, including fetching their assigned MFSO worker if necessary;
- Maintain MFSO filing system and file away confidential client files;
- Conduct periodic quality control checks of MFSO filing system;
- Answer the MFSO phone;
- Record phone messages and inform appropriate person;
- Ensure a supply of blank forms be replenished at all times;
- Ensure adequate levels of office supplies are maintained and inform the Executive Director or Resource Development Officer if any purchases are required;
- Other office related tasks as determined by the Executive Director or Resource Development Officer.
- Generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, and conduct miscellaneous research tasks.
- Volunteer Coordination
- Providing leadership and direction to MFSO volunteers;
- Working with Executive Director and Resource Development Officer to conceive of, and create, volunteer positions
- Working with Executive Director and Resource Development Officer to identify and recruit volunteers;
- Maintain up-to-date database spreadsheet of active volunteers and their current contact info in support of the identification, recruitment, engagement, development and recognition of volunteers;
- Maintain volunteer schedule and liaise with volunteers to ensure their punctual and consistent participation;
- Working with Executive Director and Resource Development Officer to develop practices of volunteer appreciation.
- Self-regulating and highly self motivated
- Possess both reliability and consistency
- Highly-developed organizational skills
- Must be bilingual in English and French, including excellent written and verbal communication skills in both languages
- Adept at providing schedule support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts
- Sociable and convivial
- Discretion to work with confidential documents.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure.
- High School diploma and currently undertaking.
- A year or more of administrative assistant experience.
- Proficiency in Somali or Arabic.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Previous experience in volunteer coordination.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements and qualify for an interview.
Please apply to email@example.com.